Sunday, June 19, 2011

Blogging Heroes

Assalamualaikum.

I was reading a some kind of interesting book entitled "Blogging Heroes" by Michael A. Banks which tells about the interview between the author with Top 30 Popular Blogger in US. I borrowed that book at my office's library. When I saw it for the first time, I felt like "hey, this is a good book!". Why I said like that? I have a blog and it was so frustrating because it's been more than 2 years but only have 33 followers! However, I am very thankful to those who were willing to reading and following my blog. I'm not such as other bloggers who have hundreds or thousands of followers although only a year. Perhaps they are more creative and know how to make work in blogging than me.

Ok, let's leave that story behind and let's read my review about this book.




"Blogging is addictive. It consumes an incredible amount of time, energy, and effort. It is their passion. And these bloggers wouldn't have it any other way. Among more than 1 million blogs, a few stand out as influential, ground breaking, and singularly successful"
 
It's very convincing and I strongly agreed with that opinion. The book's also shared about ethics in blogging. I'm not so good to portray this book, but I can only give a few quotes that are very useful for quick tips when making blogging.
 
"Use your blog to share your expertise and show your professionalism" by Ina Steiner (AuctionBytes)
 
"Be yourself. Don't try to imitate someone else's style or voice" by Mary Jo Foley (All About Microsoft)
 
"If you go into blogging because you have a passion about something you want to share or explore, I think you're going to succeed, because that's nature for it" by Frank Warren (PostSecret)
 
"Pay attention to other bloggers. Link to them. Connect to their sites. Assuming you're writing about subject that other people are interested in, you communicate well enough, people will find you" by Mike Masnick (Techdirt)
 
"If you want to bring in readers and keep them coming back, you have to produce good content, and be consistent, reliable, and trustworthy" by Christ Grant (Joystiq)
 
"My advice on getting more traffic is to participate in others blogs" by Gary Lee (An Internet Marketing Web Site)
 
Thus, it's the quotes that I think can be shared to all of you. The fourth quotation was very appropriate for me. I rarely participate with other bloggers. Maybe I can try that tips. ;)
 
So, good luck! And try to read this book.

No comments: